If you are travelling with Grand Central please follow the advice below to ensure you have a seat reservation with your ticket.
Seat reservations can be made via any rail ticket retailer, via Grand Central on Twitter @GC_Rail, or via the Grand Central Customer Relations Team 0345 603 4852 opt 3 then opt 1 (Mon-Fri 09.00-17.00).
- How can I reserve a seat?
- I don't have a reservation
- If you have purchased an "Off Peak or Anytime" ticket, you may not have a seat reservation as these can be valid for any train service. If you wish to travel on a Grand Central service using this ticket, please contact our customer relations team on 0345 603 4852 (option 3, then 1) to arrange a reservation (subject to availability).
- My reserved seat was on train which has been cancelled
- If your train has been cancelled, either check our social media for more information at Twitter or Facebook, or contact our customer relations team on 0345 603 4852 (option 4, then 1). You should not board the next available train unless explicitly told this is possible. You can also change your journey to any other Grand Central service without a fee. If you no longer wish you travel, you can claim a refund for your unused ticket(s). More information is available to view here.
- There are no tickets available for a service I want to travel on
- If there are no tickets or seats showing for a service, this means it has sold out and you will need to select an alternative service. We publish daily seat availability charts to let you know which trains currently have seats available.
- Why has this policy been introduced?
- During periods of heavy engineering we will implement a reservation-only service to ensure that all passengers who purchase a ticket get a seat, and that seating is provided in a socially distanced manner for your safety. Engineering usually takes place on a weekend, check our website homepage for further information.