You Are Central
Travel to London with Britain's favourite train company
In everything we do, we put our customers first, because you are central.
We're not just a train company, we're Britain's favourite train company. In fact, our passengers have consistently rated us as one of the best in the country for the last ten years, as well as for value for money.
We're an open-access train operator, which means we aren't subject to government contracts or stipulations, and we don't take any government support. We're about giving you a choice of who to travel with. Because of the flexibility this gives us, we're able to take action and put the passenger first.
What makes us different?
- We can offer you low prices - up to 80% lower when you book in advance!
- We've never charged a booking fee for using our website - you'll always get the lowest price on Grand Central travel through us
- We're taking extensive measures to help you travel confidently in a COVID-19 world - we're only able to run again because of you!
When you choose Grand Central you choose
- Award-winning service and customer satisfaction
- 25% off Advance tickets to and from London for students
- Low prices to your local station, not just big cities
- Direct trains to and from London, with no changes
- Modern trains, with all having been refurbished since 2017
- The flexibility to refund or rebook your ticket for free
There aren't many routes in Britain that give you a choice of train operator, but on the East Coast mainline we know you have options. That's why we strive to provide you with great value tickets, unbeatable service and excellent memories.
Be the first to hear when our cheapest tickets go on sale
At Grand Central we release our tickets up to six months in advance. Our Advance fares have limited availability, but they're also our cheapest (and you won't find them cheaper anywhere else)! With savings of up to 80% - and fee-free changes should your plans change - you can sign up below to receive weekly ticket alerts meaning you’ll be the first to hear when our cheapest tickets go on sale.